Բլոգի հաշվիչ՝ Liveinternet

Monday, February 3, 2014

English project. Sport

1.    Are you a good soccer player? Basketball player? Baseball player? Rugby player? Tennis player?
I don’t love any sport very much. I am not very good at any sport. Sometimes I play basketball. At school I have chosen basketball. And I just hate soccer.
        2.    What sports are you good at?
I am not good at any sport.
        3.    Do you jog more than once a week?
No, as I don’t wake up in early morning, I don’t love jog. But when I was in some camps, every morning we had a morning jog, but anyway I hate jog.
        4.     Do you like to watch sports on TV?
My father is soccer lover and almost every evening he watches some soccer matches. I hate to watch sports on TV, I only watch soccer matches on TV, when our Armenian team plays.
        5.    Do you think athletes earn enough money, not enough money or too much money?
I think that professional athletes earn much money, for example there are many famous soccer players which earn very much money.
          6.    How often do you go swimming?
Swimming is the best type of sport for me. I love swimming very much. I have been attended swimming for 2 years but now I am not. Yes, in summer sometimes I go to any swimming pool. Also I love to swim in the sea.
7.  Is it good that professional sports are so commercial nowadays?
I think that sports commercial being is good for the athletes, but it is all the same to me.
          8.    What do you think is the most popular sport in the world?
I think that the most popular sport is soccer.
9.  What is the most expensive sport?
I think that the most expensive sport is also soccer, because every soccer player earns very much money per year.
         10.                       What is the most popular sport in your country?
As In Armenia sports aren’t developed much, there isn’t any popular sport here.
11.              What is your favorite team sport?
I only love swimming, and because of it I haven’t any favorite team sport. 


Thematic Vocabulary
athletics – ատլետիկա
discus – սկավառակ
hammer – մուրճ
javelin – նիզակ
gymnastics – մարմնամարզություն
wrestling – ըմբշամարտ
weightlifting – ծանրամարտ
rowing – թիավարություն
diving ջրացատկ
archery – նետաձգություն
shooting- հրաձգային սպորտ
yachting- առագաստանավային սպորտ
fencing – սուսերամարտ
to win the first prize-առաջին տեղ գրավել
to become a champion-դառնալ չեմպիոն
to take the second place-գրավել երկրորդ տեղը
to set up a record-ռեկորդ սահմանել
to break the record-անցնել ռեկորդը
to lose the match-պարտվել
to win the match-հաղթել
to beat a team-հաղթել թիմին
court-կորտ
stadium-մարզադահլիճ
gym-մարզասրահ
track-վազքուղի
race-վազք


Sport is all forms of usually competitive physical activity which,through casual or organised participation, aim to use, maintain or improve physical ability and skills while providing entertainment to participants, and in some cases, spectators. Hundreds of sports exist, from those requiring only two participants, through to those with hundreds of simultaneous participants, either in teams or competing as individuals.
Parents are always encouraging their children to keep their grades up, sports help with that. North Carolina High School Athletic Association did a study in 1977 and proved that athletes have a higher Grade Point Average than non-athletes. Furthermore, students have to have good grades to participate in a sport. If you have below a “C” you are not allowed to play a sport. Also sports help students with college scholarships. All in all, students are going to have to maintain good grades with sports.

I think that sports is very important for everyone. In Armenian every school there is p.e.(Physical education). In our school students can choose their favorite sport. For example I have chosen basketball. But a year ago I had chosen tennis. All parents must allow their children to have a sport lesson, because sport is very healthy. I am happy that my parent's allow me to have sport lessons.

0 comments:

Post a Comment